Junior Data Science
We are a growing Canadian technology consulting company that employs adults on the autism spectrum for rewarding careers in technology. Our clients recognize the value of neurodiversity and partner with us to build an inclusive work environment where everyone can succeed. With the support of our job and technical coaches, our consultants build confidence, learn and improve on technical skills, and are provided with ongoing professional development.
We are looking for a junior Data Science intern to join our team of consultants and work on client projects in Calgary, Montreal, and Toronto.
- Performing statistical data analysis, data mining, data science and optimization using multiple tools and techniques
- Providing insights of different business domain data, tasks and responsibilities
- Developing predictive models that help achieve business targets using languages such as Python
- Implementing new multivariate methodologies to solve practical business problems
- Finding patterns and insights in unstructured data
- Employing data modelling and forecasting techniques to explore strategic business opportunities and to prescribe actionable recommendations to leverage those opportunities
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge with business professionals
- Relevant post-secondary certificate/diploma
- Ability to use data to influence strategic decision making
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, including problem diagnosis with resolution options and successful plan execution
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Mathematics or Business Administration
- 1-2 years’ experience in data science or in a similar role
- Programming skills or experience with Business Intelligence tools such as R, Python, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview, Business Objects, or SQL
- Ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, and perform rigorous analysis to make recommendations for broader audiences.
- Ability to understand complex algorithms and logic to process data
- Understanding of statistical and predictive modelling concepts, machine learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Ability to visualize and report insights creatively in a variety of formats to various stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience navigating complex, technical projects
- Written and spoken fluency in French