Employment Coordinator, Calgary or Toronto Site
Working at auticon Canada:
At auticon Canada, we are passionate about our consultants succeeding. Who are our consultants? They are people with autism working in the IT field. How do we help them to succeed? By providing a team of people to help pave the way. We have 3 main departments: Business Development, Technology, and Employment Coordination, within auticon Canada. Those 3 departments work together to build the path for our consultants, towards success. We find contracts for our consultants to fill, assess skillsets and recommend training, if required, and build coaching relationships to decrease workplace stressors and suggest strategies when needed. Our work also has a direct impact on how various businesses see autism and we not only want to create awareness, we also want to create enthusiasm for neurodiversity in the workplace. Our goal is to achieve the highest standards of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging for our sites, and for our business clients.
Why this Role is important:
We are looking for a full-time Employment Coordinator for our Calgary or Toronto site.
As part of the Employment Coordination (EC) team, you will work directly with our consultants, who have autism, to ensure we are leveraging their strengths, championing their ideas, and supporting their pursuit of skill development and career path direction. As a part of EC team, you achieve this by following an assessment process, providing guidance through coaching, and being the person that not only advocates for our employees when needed but always has their back. You will work closely with our business clients to teach them about neurodiversity and inclusion, supporting their ability to foster an inclusive environment for our autistic colleagues and their team as a whole. EC team members play an active role in grant writing, networking, creating social opportunities, as well as recruiting, and are integral members of the auticon Canada team.
This role reports to the National Director of Employment. The successful candidate will coach remotely, although we expect to eventually incorporate a hybrid of on-site and remote work, when possible/safe to do so.
What you bring to our team:
• Autism awareness–you recognize the autism advantage and have a passion for neurodiversity. You are an active listener, and you respect the perspectives and ideas of others.
• Experience–you have experience successfully coaching and bringing out the best in others. You have demonstrated skills in mentorship, conflict resolution, communication, critical thinking, and collaboration. You have a unique understanding of business or social enterprise as well as psychology, social services, education, and/or coaching.
• Passion–you are motivated and inspired to make a difference. You have a genuine interest in diversity and inclusion and an open approach to coaching with demonstrated skills in mentorship roles and community work.
• Relationship-building strengths–you have strong communication skills and can navigate teams through challenging environments. You are comfortable with public speaking and have excellent presentation skills. You are motivated to collaborate with team members.
• Education -Degree in Psychology, Community Rehabilitation, Disability Studies, Education, Social Work, or a related social science field (a diploma or certificate plus related relevant experience may be considered as equivalent). Experience working with individuals with autism is preferred. Experience in life coaching and/or peer mentorship roles is considered an asset.
• Do you have other relative experience not listed above? Tell us about it –we’re interested!
Are you ready to join us?
auticon Canada strives to build an inclusive workplace that values and celebrates diversity across ability, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and perspective. We believe that diversity strengthens our team and our work. We strive to create a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone, from every background, feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.
Resumes will be received until a suitable candidate has been found. All applicant submissions are appreciated, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.