Bilingual Employment Coordinator/ Job Coach, Ottawa Region
Start Date: January 11, 2023
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary Range: 70,000-80,000
Language: Business Level French and English Required
Who is auticon Canada?
- We are a social enterprise, with the mission of creating successful, sustainable careers for autistic Canadians. Our goal is to enable the highest standards of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging for our employees and business clients and ultimately, to build a more inclusive Canadian employment landscape.
Who are our employees?
- Talented autistic professionals, working in the technology industry.
How do we help our colleagues to succeed?
- By providing a supportive team and an inclusive environment, enabling our colleagues’ talents to shine, and their careers to flourish.
- By supporting businesses to develop neuro-inclusive practices and enthusiasm for neurodiversity in the workplace.
The responsibilities of this role:
As part of the Employment Coordination (EC) team, you will work directly with our autistic employees to ensure we are leveraging their strengths, championing their ideas, and supporting their pursuit of skill development and career progression. We achieve this by following an assessment process, providing guidance through coaching, and being the person that not only advocates for our employees when needed, but works with them collaboratively and ongoingly to optimize their environment. You will work closely with our business clients to teach them about neurodiversity and inclusive design, supporting their ability to foster an inclusive environment for our autistic colleagues and their broader teams. EC team members play an active role in grant writing, networking, supporting a positive workplace culture, and recruiting, and are integral members of the broader auticon Canada team.
What you bring to our team:
- You are fluently bilingual in French and English and are comfortable speaking, writing, and working in both languages.
- Please note that we are not currently accepting applications from non-bilingual applicants.
Autism awareness and experience
- You have lived, personal and/or professional experience with autism.
- You recognize the autism advantage and have a passion for neurodiversity.
- You are an active listener, and you respect the perspectives and ideas of others.
- Please note, in alignment with our mission, we will prioritize strong applications from autistic individuals with lived experience.
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in psychology, disability studies, education, social work, or a related social science field (related experience will be considered equivalent).
- Personal or professional experience with autism is a must.
- You have experience successfully coaching and/or engaging in peer mentorship roles to bring out the best in others.
- You have demonstrated skills in mentorship, conflict resolution, communication, critical thinking, and collaboration.
- You have experience working with businesses
- You share our passion for neuro-inclusion and are motivated and inspired to make the world a more equitable place.
- You have a genuine interest in diversity and inclusion.
- You have strong communication skills in both English and French and can navigate teams through challenging situations.
- You are comfortable with public speaking and have excellent presentation skills in both English and French.
- You are motivated to collaborate and learn from team members.
Accommodations and Accessibility
- Ensuring our application process is accessible is our highest priority. If you require any accommodations during the application and selection process, please email
- Candidates will receive a copy of the questions in advance of the interview meeting.
Interested in joining us?
Please submit a bilingual resume and cover letter to
auticon Canada strives to build an inclusive workplace that values and celebrates diversity across ability, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and perspective. We believe that diversity strengthens our team and our work. We strive to create a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone, from every background, feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.
Resumes will be reviewed until a suitable candidate has been found.
If you bring unique skills to this role that do not align with the requirements above, please apply and we will review your candidacy.
All applicant submissions are appreciated, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
auticon Canada recognizes the unique relationship between Indigenous Peoples and their traditional territories across Turtle Island. In the spirit of truth and reconciliation, we wish to acknowledge the traditional lands we operate on, now known as Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal, and the stewards of these lands since time immemorial.