AWS Cloud Engineer
We are a growing Canadian technology consulting company that employs adults on the autism spectrum for rewarding careers in technology. Our clients recognize the value of neurodiversity and partner with us to build an inclusive work environment where everyone can be successful. With the support of our job and technical coaches, our consultants build confidence, improve on, and learn new technical skills and are provided with ongoing professional development.
We are currently looking for experienced AWS Cloud Engineers to join our team of consultants and work on client projects in Calgary, Montreal, and Toronto. As an experienced AWS Cloud Engineer, you will work on challenging and rewarding client projects.
- Re-engineering and migration of on-premises applications to a cloud environment
- Administering access, rights, and privileges in one or more cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Configuring, monitoring, and managing AWS cloud management services
- Developing and deploying automation infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation (or equivalent) and CI/CD tools
- Working with clients to develop cloud optimization strategies, budgets, governance, and reporting within AWS and Azure
- Monitoring system components and application processing to proactively identify incidents, resolve issues, and participate in root cause analysis
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge with project team members
Background and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of related AWS cloud-based IT infrastructure experience.
- Experience provisioning, configuring, managing and monitoring storage, network, security and database services in an AWS environment.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting within Linux operating system.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented, with a demonstrated ability to quickly and successfully resolve problems.
- Fluency in English.
- The ability to work in French is considered a strong asset.